Below is a range of sample menus from our daily selections in the cafe and restaurant at Willowbank. We pride ourselves on being one of the best family dining experiences among Christchurch restaurants in NZ...
Last order time: 5pm
Soup of the Day - Home made and served with warm bread $9.50
Fish of the Day $22.50
Dish of the Day $16.50
Dessert of the Day $9.50
Examples for the Cabinet
Chicken, Cranberry & Brie Panini $8.50
Salmon Quiche $7.50
Vegetarian Frittata (GF) $7.50
Stuffed Potato $7.50
Chicken & Mushroom Filo $8.50
Bacon & Egg Pie $7.50
Corn & Bacon Stack $7.50
Plates of salad from cabinet $7.50
Tuatara Tuck Box (ham sandwich, cookie, fruit, drink)
Hamilton's Ham, Cheese & Tomato Melt with salad
Critter Corn Fritters (GF & V)
Monkey Macaroni with bacon & cheese
Doodle Do Nuggets & Fries
At willowbank we grow as many of our own organic vegetables & herbs as possible for both the wildlife & restaurant use.
Surplus produce is used in our homemade pickles & chutneys that are used in our dishes.
From the cabinet
Choose from a delicious range of quiches, pies & pizzas such as salmon quiche, country chicken pie, vegetarian frittata
These dishes can be served on their own or with fries and a choice of the fresh salads that are available in the cabinet.
Platters of salads are also popular
There are also simpler snacks available such as croissants, flutes and paninis
Saturday and Sunday 9am - 11.30am Bookings Essential
- House Made Honey Roasted Muesli with natural Yoghurt and seasonal fruit compote V $12.00
- Buttermilk Pancakes served with your choice of: $15.00
Blueberry and orange compote with mascarpone V
Grilled banana with bacon and maple syrup
- English Muffin topped with poached eggs:
With wilted spinach, and creamy hollandaise sauce. V $13.50
With smoked salmon and creamy hollandaise sauce $17.00
With grilled crispy bacon and creamy hollandaise sauce $15.00
- Sauteed Mushrooms: Portabello and brown mushrooms sautéed in a creamy $16.00
basil pesto sauce with toasted ciabatta
- Farmers Big Brunch: Two free range eggs cooked as you like and served with $20.00
bacon, sausage, mushrooms, homemade hash brown, tomato jam and toast
- Eggs your way: 2 free range eggs either poached, scrambled or fried
Add your choice of sides
- Chef’s Special: ask your wait staff for today’s special $15.00
- Fruit and Muesli Sundae: layered berry compote, homemade muesli and yoghurt V $8.00
- Pancakes with banana, bacon and maple syrup $10.00
- Waffles with fried banana and chocolate sauce V $10.00
- Egg Corporals – two lightly boiled eggs with toasted soldiers V $6.50
- The Little Farmers Big Brunch: Sausage, bacon, hash brown and egg on toast $12.00
You are welcome to bring along your own picnic fare to enjoy in our picnic area, or you can order picnic food from our cafe.
We also have BBQs available for guests to use. Charges apply for usage (gas and cleaning)
(available for groups only, minimum 20 pax)
Enjoy a traditional Kiwi barbeque, with a selection of fresh meats, salads and breads. We have a variety of menus that can be used or adapted for your group.
With deer at the window and Weka pecking in the earth just at your feet, this is a truly unique dining experience.
Includes Guided Tour and Park Entry
Willowbank is a fabulous place for a function, with a difference. We have a variety of menus that can be used or adapted for your group.